As the year 2012 comes to an end, I wrap up the most exciting and important year of my life so far. This year I moved off on my own, made it through my first semester of college, got a podium finish at the national level of Business Professionals of America, and perhaps most importantly developed solid ideas about lifestyle and personal finance that have totally changed my life. These ideas have become the foundation on which I’ve built this blog.
It has been nearly five months since the first post went live on this site, and they have gone faster than I ever could have thought. So far this blog has seen tens of thousands of views, and is growing rapidly. I’ve already published over 60,000 words here, and I hope to write more than 100,000 in 2013. My list of posts that I need to write is more than four pages long, so you can look forward to lots more coming soon. But before I talk about that, let’s reflect on the best of 2012.
Here are the posts that got the most views in 2012:
And here are my editor’s picks for the year:
Couponing: The Time Consuming Way to Increase Your Spending It may be odd for a personal finance blogger to tell you to not use coupons on a regular basis, but that is exactly what I do.
The Life Rich The Life Rich live a lifestyle of doing more, having less, and loving life. Minimalism, sustainability, giving back to the community, and much more are what they focus on in life.
The Number One Way To Save Money Healthcare, on average, takes up nearly 20% of your income. Find out why it’s so expensive, and how to minimize it.
The Only Real Get Rich Scheme If you follow these two rules, you are guaranteed to start building wealth immediately, and hopefully get rich in the end.
Run Your Life Like a Business Most businesses are good at making profits, using debt properly, and contributing to society. Manage your money and life like it is a business, and you may find things work out better.
Next year should be quite the year for this blog. I’ve got some upcoming guest posts on big blogs that are sure to help grow the readership and community here. And of course, there are some things that I’ll be writing about soon that I think are incredibly important. And as a holiday treat, I wanted to give you a sneak peek of what you’ll see here in 2013.
- More of my personal story and successes. For instance, how I was able to save up a five figure net worth before turning 18, how I’ve flown tens of thousands of miles without paying for a plane ticket, how I make money online, and how I started a business before going to business school.
- More non traditional personal finance advice. I’ve already told you why I don’t use coupons or go to Black Friday sales, and there is plenty more where that came from. Like the fact that I don’t care about my credit score.
- A look at the 80/20 principle, and how it applies everywhere. For instance, what 20% of the grocery store do I spend 80% of my time and money in, and why?
- More on the Life Rich. Getting everyone to move towards the Life Rich lifestyle is one of my biggest goals, so that is going to be one of my main focuses in 2013.
- And lots more in depth posts that detail ways you can save money, increase your income, and improve your life.
There is a lot to look forward to in the coming year. And starting on the 1st of January, I will be participating in a $100 cash giveaway with a variety of other bloggers. Make sure you stop by and enter for your chance to make some money!